The Last 10 Posts
- Grief“No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.” – C.S. Lewis
- 90 percentersThe people I feel sorry for are those who do 90 percent of what it takes to succeed. –Thomas Sowell
- Morning Running ThoughtsThe thing about running (or jogging) is that, when you are getting ready to go do it, it doesn’t sound like fun. At least, not at 5:30 AM when you didn’t sleep so well and you know you won’t be able to go back to bed afterward. So, today was another one of those days…. Continue Reading →
- The Compound Effect by Darren HardyA mom’s review of The Compound Effect.
- Dopamine Nation by Anna Lembke, MDMy review of the book “Dopamine Nation.”
- On Libraries“A library is a miracle. A place where you can learn just about anything, for free. A place where your mind can come alive.” Josh Hanagarne, The World’s Strongest Librarian: A Memoir of Tourette’s, Faith, Strength, and the Power of Family Related Posts
- Shot AtThe first time I was shot at was after I got out of uniform.
- The Body Papers by Grace TalusanA book review of the compelling memoir by Grace Tulasn, “The Body Papers.”
- Bury the Past by James L’EtoileMy review of James L’Etoile’s book “Bury the Past”. Sacramento cops dealing with local issues, including cop corruption and street gangs.
- TenacityThe most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward. Amelia Earhart
#Grateful #KeepOnReading #KeepOnRunnin 2020 AWA Book Review Books California COVID-19 Do It Fires Flowers Gratitude Habits Humor Inspiration James Clear Jim Rohn Linda Castillo masks Memoir Military Murder Mysteries Mysteries Napoleon Hill nature November pandemic Pocket-Greenhaven Poetry Quote Roses RunBet Running Russian Sacramento Series Speeches Success Thankful Trauma USAF Weather Writing Yountville
Calendar of Past Posts