The Last 10 Posts
- Dopamine Nation by Anna Lembke, MDMy review of the book “Dopamine Nation.”
- On Libraries“A library is a miracle. A place where you can learn just about anything, for free. A place where your mind can come alive.” Josh Hanagarne, The World’s Strongest Librarian: A Memoir of Tourette’s, Faith, Strength, and the Power of Family Related Posts
- Shot AtThe first time I was shot at was after I got out of uniform.
- The Body Papers by Grace TalusanA book review of the compelling memoir by Grace Tulasn, “The Body Papers.”
- Bury the Past by James L’EtoileMy review of James L’Etoile’s book “Bury the Past”. Sacramento cops dealing with local issues, including cop corruption and street gangs.
- TenacityThe most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward. Amelia Earhart
- Scary Close by Donald MillerMy book review of the teaching memoir Scary Close, by Donald Miller.
- They Called Us Enemy – Graphic Memoir ReviewI am, or was, a big Star Trek fan. George Takei, aka Sulu, always seemed steady at the helm, even at warp speed. As a kid, I loved the crew operating the USS Enterprise. Boldly going where no one had gone before. From Goodreads: Long before George Takei braved new frontiers in Star Trek, he woke… Continue Reading →
- Lori Gottlieb’s Maybe You Should Talk to SomeoneMy mini review of Lori Gottlied’s bestselling book Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed.
- The Guest List by Lucy FoleyMy take on Lucy Foley’s popular novel “The Guest List.”
#Grateful #KeepOnReading #KeepOnRunnin 2020 AWA Book Review Books California COVID-19 Do It Fires Flowers Gratitude Habits Humor Inspiration James Clear Jim Rohn Linda Castillo masks Memoir Military Murder Mysteries Mysteries Napoleon Hill nature November pandemic Pocket-Greenhaven Poetry Quote Roses RunBet Running Russian Sacramento Series Speeches Success Thankful Trauma USAF Weather Writing Yountville
Calendar of Past Posts